Growing inter faith understanding and cooperation
Inter Faith Week 2019 will take place between Sunday 10 and Sunday 17 November.
Inter Faith Week’s aims are to:
- Strengthen good inter faith relations at all levels
- Increase awareness of the different and distinct faith communities in the UK, in particular celebrating and building on the contribution which their members make to their neighbourhoods and to wider society
- Increase understanding between people of religious and non-religious beliefs
Inter Faith Week 2019 flyer
Click the image to download a copy of the Inter Faith Week 2019 flyer, or to request hard copies.
The materials and activity listings on this website currently relate to Inter Faith Week 2018. These will be replaced/ removed once the final report on the 2018 Week is published along with the complete list of activities.
- North Kirklees Inter Faith Council
- Inter Faith Network staff, Faith Communities Forum members and Trustee
- Inter Faith Network Co-Chairs, Bishop Richard Atkinson and Jatinder Singh Birdi
- An Inter-faith Council for Wales/ Cyngor Cyd-ffydd Cymru event
- West Hets NHS Organ Donation event
- Indian Jewish Association event
In a message about the Week, Prime Minister Theresa May said:
The Rt Hon Theresa May MP, Prime Minister
Inter Faith Week is an excellent opportunity to celebrate the incredible diversity and richness of faith communities in Britain. It is also a chance for people of all faiths to come together and to highlight the invaluable contribution they collectively make to their neighbourhoods and to wider society.
Message from Minister for Faith
Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth, Minister for Faith, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
Inter Faith Week is a great way to recognise the amazing contributions of communities of all faiths and none from across the country. It’s important that we celebrate the great efforts of those who come together and build valuable relationships to the benefit of British life.