GROWING INTER FAITH UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION
Inter Faith Week 2020 will take place from Sunday 8 - Sunday 15 November.
Inter Faith Week’s aims are to:
- Strengthen good inter faith relations at all levels
- Increase awareness of the different and distinct faith communities in the UK, in particular celebrating and building on the contribution which their members make to their neighbourhoods and to wider society
- Increase understanding between people of religious and non-religious beliefs
Details for activities to mark the 2020 Week will be added later in the year.
Inter Faith Week: Stories from 2018, inspiration for 2019
Click the image to download a copy of Inter Faith Week: Stories from 2018, inspiration for 2019, a short illustrated look back at the 2018 Week, with planning tips for 2019. Limited numbers of hard copies are also available.
- North Kirklees Inter Faith Council
- Inter Faith Network staff, Faith Communities Forum members and Trustee
- An Inter-faith Council for Wales/ Cyngor Cyd-ffydd Cymru event
- West Herts NHS Organ Donation event
- Indian Jewish Association event
The Inter Faith Network for the UK's Co-Chairs say:
Jatinder Singh Birdi and the Rt Revd Jonathan Clark
“Inter Faith Week is a great opportunity for people to come together, learn about people in their communities, and make common cause together. Such actions are a powerful antidote to language of division and to prejudice.”
The Government's Faith Minister, Viscount Younger says:
Viscount Younger of Leckie
“Inter Faith Week provides everyone taking part with a great opportunity to learn about different faiths and beliefs, and to celebrate the contribution of different faith groups to society.
“I wholeheartedly support Inter Faith Week and I hope that everyone who takes part is inspired to get involved in other activities for the betterment of their community”.