Inter Faith Week is a great time to hold activities to increase understanding of the different faiths and non-religious beliefs of patients and staff.
Event and activity ideas for hospitals can also be found in The Inter Faith Week Toolkit.
The Week also provides an opportunity for strengthening relationships with local faith communities and highlighting how they contribute to the life of your hospital through routes such as chaplaincy and volunteering.
- Produce a display about the major world faiths
- Hold an Inter Faith Week event or service where members of staff, your chaplaincy team, volunteers and supporters contribute through readings and music from a variety of faith traditions
- Organise a pledge event with local faith communities to raise money for an area of your hospital or a medical care or research charity
- Set up a ‘Living Library’ event where hospital staff can borrow a ‘human library book’ for half an hour to learn about the person’s faith
- Produce a leaflet for hospital staff detailing some of the different faith-based needs carers may need to be aware of, including those related to diet, modesty and bereavement
- Write an Inter Faith Week piece for your local paper about the importance of multi faith provision at the hospital
- If you have a hospital radio station, invite in guests from different faiths to do a special slot each day during the week or for a panel discussion
- Hold a public discussion event on understandings of different faiths about health and faith or health and spirituality
Published 17 October 2016