Museums, galleries, and archives
Inter Faith Week is a tremendous opportunity to highlight aspects of your collection which relate to the different religious communities in the UK and also develop and strengthen local community stakeholder links.
Below are some ideas for Inter Faith Week. These draw on successful activities held by museums, galleries, and archives in recent times.
- Highlight your organisation’s contribution to creating understanding of our diverse society, in particular the diversity of faith and belief, on your website
- Create a tour/trail of selected artefacts in your establishment which relate to religious traditions
- Create a special exhibition about different faiths and beliefs in your area, perhaps inviting donations from the local community of objects relating to their faith
- Create a video of local members of different faiths speaking briefly about the importance of your institution’s contribution to inter faith learning, and share clips on your social media
- Produce a social media series highlighting the role of faith and/or inter faith in your local community
- Offer a space in your museum or gallery for community Inter Faith Week events
- Hold an arts and crafts session or workshop for different ages, inviting participants to contribute to an Inter Faith Week display that can be exhibited throughout the Week, or run a competition where people can enter their own works of art, with contributions exhibited during the Week
- Engage in outreach with local faith communities, inviting feedback on how your museum or gallery can deepen its engagement with them
- Arrange a week-long programme with music, art installations, workshops and film
If you hold an activity, please do take a few minutes to register it on the IFW website. If you register you will also be eligible for a free pack with Inter Faith Week stickers, a poster, flyers, and a blank message card on which to share an Inter Faith Week message!
Published 8 August 2022