Museums, galleries, and archives
Inter Faith Week is a tremendous opportunity to highlight aspects of your collection which relate to the different religious communities in the UK and also develop and strengthen local community stakeholder links.
Below are some ideas for Inter Faith Week. These draw on successful activities held by museums, galleries, and archives in recent times. Most can be adapted, if needed, to be fully or partly virtual.
- Highlight your organisation’s contribution to creating understanding of our diverse society, in particular the diversity of faith and belief, on your website
- Create a tour/trail of selected artefacts in your establishment which relate to religious traditions
- Create a video of local members of different faiths speaking briefly about the importance of your institution’s contribution to inter faith learning, and share clips on your social media
- Produce a social media series exhibiting faith leaders’ favourite faith artefacts in your collection
- Curate a mini-exhibition about different faiths and beliefs in your area and invite local schools and faith groups to visit it
- Offer a space in your museum or gallery for community Inter Faith Week events
If you hold an activity, please do take a few minutes to register it on the IFW website. If you register you will also be eligible for a free pack with Inter Faith Week stickers, a poster, flyers, and a blank message card on which to share an Inter Faith Week message!
Published 23 August 2021