Inter Faith Week offers academic libraries an opportunity to engage their diverse student body and highlight aspects of their collections
Below are some ideas for Inter Faith Week. These draw on successful activities held by academic libraries in recent times. Most can be adapted, if needed, to be fully or partly virtual.
- Produce a reading list relating to Inter Faith Week
- Create an Inter Faith Week book display, guide to faith societies, or exhibition about religion and the history of the university
- Host an event such as a panel of faith leaders speaking on a topic like climate change
- Produce a social media series through the Week highlighting items of particular relevance and interest in your collection
- Collaborate with faith societies, the university chaplaincy, or students from the Theology department to produce a video about different faith perspectives on the importance of learning and knowledge – this could also feature historical libraries with a faith link
- Set up a ‘Living Library’ event where visitors can borrow a ‘human library book’ for half an hour to learn about the person’s faith
If you hold an activity, please do take a few minutes to register it on the IFW website. If you register you will also be eligible for a free pack with Inter Faith Week stickers, a poster, flyers, and a blank message card on which to share an Inter Faith Week message!
Published 23 August 2021