Local Inter Faith Organisations
Local inter faith bodies are involved in inter faith work all year round, but having a single Week where most inter faith groups and faith forums are taking part provides a focal point for the public, opening up inter faith activity to a wider audience.
Event and activity ideas for local inter faith organisations can also be found in The Inter Faith Week Toolkit
The Week is a great opportunity to showcase what your local inter faith body does and to encourage new people to find out about and become involved with inter faith dialogue, learning and cooperation on social projects.
Below are some ideas for events drawn from the many ways in which local inter faith bodies have marked the Week to date.
- Join with your local authority to arrange a civic event to mark the Week, either online or in preson
- Organise a ‘faith trail’ or ‘open door day’ in which faith communities open up their buildings to the public for short tours and a chance to learn about their community, or record a video tour
- Host a celebratory event with arts displays from different communities
- Hold a virtual or in person debate on a topic of current concern or ‘Question Time’ style discussion forum
- Work with relevant bodies such as your local SACRE, youth council and LSP to develop a forum event for young people from different faith backgrounds – this might be a first step toward an ongoing forum
- Partner with a local library or museum to run a ‘faith exhibition’, or prepare an exhibition that can be used in other public spaces
- Join with local schools to help organise a special series of assemblies about different faith groups in the community, involving presentations from local people of different faiths
- Join with Mitzvah Day to hold a combined social action event
- Hold a dialogue meeting for women from different local faith communities to get together and discuss issues of common interest
- Team up with your local authority and members of different faith communities to organise a ‘community clean up’ of a local park
- Arrange a multi faith sports event
- Arrange an event exploring different faiths’ views on death and bereavement
Published 8 August 2022