Higher and Further Education
Inter Faith Week is a great opportunity to explore inter faith dialogue as well as forge ties with local community and faith groups.
Event and activity ideas for universities and colleges of further education can also be found in The Inter Faith Week Toolkit
Higher and Further Education institutions have played an important role in marking Inter Faith Week in the past. Some of their contributions have included:
- A ‘Respect Day’ at Stockton Riverside College
- An inter faith football tournament held at the University of Derby
- An Inter Faith Week Food Market in the Union held by students at Leeds University
- A charity stall at Sheffield University run by its Faiths Forum members to sell cakes and collect money for a local hospital's young adult cancer ward
- An inter faith conference at Imperial College led by members of its Inter Faith Group
Inter Faith Week HE and FE ideas sheet - a short ideas sheet for Inter Faith Week.
Connect: Different Faiths, Shared Values - a resource for young people on inter faith engagement.
3FF Education Resources - free downloadable resources from 3FF.
Campusalam project resources - a number of resources for organising events on campus.
Good Inter Faith Relations on Campus: A Toolkit - a resource produced for Students' Unions by the National Union of Students.
Young people and inter faith engagement A dedicated microsite containing information and resources for young people and young adults and those working with them, including in higher and further education institutions.
Published 6 November 2016