Inter Faith Week provides a great opportunity to connect with faith communities and belief groups within the local community which you serve.
Inter Faith Week is a great opportunity for Ambulance Services to:
- Hold a seminar, in person or online, to explore how paramedics and ambulance service staff can learn about the faiths or beliefs of people they come across in their work to be better able to respond in times of crisis.
- Invite members of faith communities to an Ambulance Station or HQ to explore the work of the Ambulance Service and explore how they might inform its work going forward (you might like to do this through making contact with your local inter faith group. Listings can be found at https://www.interfaith.org.uk/involved/groups).
- Organise a visit for members of the Ambulance Service to places of worship in the areas that they work and give them the opportunity to feed back on their experiences.
- Post a blog or video message online about the equality, diversity and inclusion work of the Ambulance Service.
- Run a series of online profiles during the Week, each about a different team member and how their faith or non-religious beliefs inspire and inform their work for the Ambulance Service.
Published 8 July 2021