Inter Faith Week provides a great opportunity to connect with faith communities and belief groups within the local community which you serve.
Below are some ideas for Inter Faith Week. These draw on successful activities held by Ambulance Services in recent times. Most can be adapted, if needed, to be fully or partly virtual.
- Post a blog or video message about the equity, diversity, and inclusion work of the Ambulance Service on the Trust’s website
- Run a series of online profiles on the Trust’s website during the Week, each about a different team member and how their faith or non-religious beliefs inspire and inform their work for the ambulance service
- Invite members of local faith communities to your ambulance station or HQ to learn about the work of the Ambulance Service, where there are co-located services this can be done with Fire and Rescue Service and Police personnel as appropriate
- Have an exhibition at Ambulance HQ or in a station which highlights different faith communities and traditions represented in the local area
- Hold a session with representatives from different faith and belief groups to talk about their traditions and their perspectives on health and responding to those in need
- Arrange for three different local places of worship to provide short guided tours for small groups of your staff during the Week
- Hold a discussion on how ambulance service staffs’ faiths and beliefs have helped them through the pandemic
If you hold an activity, please do take a few minutes to register it on the IFW website. If you register you will also be eligible for a free pack with Inter Faith Week stickers, a poster, flyers, and a blank message card on which to share an Inter Faith Week message!
Published 8 August 2022