Inter Faith Week provides a great opportunity for inter faith organisations to highlight the inter faith work they carry out year-round and to draw new people into this.
In the box below are some ideas for events drawn from ways in which national inter faith organisations have chosen to mark the Week so far.
- Hold an inter faith festival featuring workshops and resources on issues such as ‘faith and ecology’, ‘faith and poverty’, ‘faith and feminism’ etc.
- Arrange a panel event bringing religious leaders and specialists in other fields such as medicine or law into dialogue on a topic of current interest
- Work with branches or local groups, if you have these, to help them put on a linked programme of events for the Week
- Run Week related articles in your journal or include Week related items on your website
- Tweet about the Week using the #IFWeek hashtag
- Put on a performing arts event drawing together drama groups, poets, storytellers or musicians from a range of faith traditions
- Hold a press conference which highlights your organisation’s work to promote inter faith understanding and cooperation
- Make use of the Week to launch a planned new project
- Create a special film or art exhibition to be launched during Inter Faith Week
- Hold a planning event for World Interfaith Harmony Week
- Choose to support other inter faith bodies in their events for the Week