Higher and Further Education
Inter Faith Week in Higher and Further Education
Inter Faith Week is a great opportunity to explore inter faith dialogue as well as forge ties with local community and faith groups. Higher and Further Education institutions have played an important role in marking Inter Faith Week in the past. Some of their contributions have included:
- A ‘Respect Day’ at Stockton Riverside College
- An Inter faith football tournament held at the University of Derby
- An Inter Faith Week Food Market in the Union held by students at Leeds University
- A charity stall at Sheffield University run by its Faiths Forum members to sell cakes and collect money for a local hospital's young adult cancer ward
- An inter faith conference at Imperial College led by members of its Inter Faith Group
Inter Faith Week HE and FE ideas sheet - a short ideas sheet for Inter Faith Week.
Connect: Different Faiths, Shared Values - a resource for young people on inter faith engagement.
3FF Education Resources - free downloadable resources from 3FF.
Campusalam project resources - a number of resources for organising events on campus.
Good Inter Faith Relations on Campus: A Toolkit - a resource produced for Students' Unions by the National Union of Students.
Inter Faith Week Briefing Notes for HE and FE - produced by the National Union of Students.
Information about events that took place in Higher and Further Education institutions to mark Inter Faith Week 2010 can be downloaded here.
Further information on the Week in 2010 can be found in Inter Faith Week 2010 in England which can be downloaded from here.
A detailed report and evaluation on the inaugral Inter Faith Week in 2009 can be download here.